Sunday, June 8, 2008

What are you willing to do for God?


When I worked at our old church, I used to be very involved in helping people less fortunate, down on their luck. Most of those I helped it was because of poor choices they had made in life really. I would run into those people while out shopping, and would stop and say hello, and ask how are things going? Most of the time they would ask me to please pray for them because this or that wasn't going right in their life. They wanted God to do something for them, but I felt as if they weren't willing to do anything for God. Sometimes I would think to myself how can you even ask God to do this for you when you won't even get your butt to church and worship Him?
I do believe that God can, and does bless us when we don't deserve it. However I also believe that we can live in such a way that it makes it difficult for God to bless us. Next time I see one of those people who seems to always need prayer for the way their life is going, I'm going to ask them "what are you willing to do for God."

No comments: