Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Hearing

So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Rom 10:17 NKJV

Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ. Rom 10:17 NIV

This scripture has been on my mind lately. I have a cousin who is deaf. Her family came to live with us for a while when I was around 7 or 8. It was then that I learned sign language, after all if I wanted to play with her and talk to her I had to know some signs. Her stay with us was brief, but somehow my interest in sign language has stuck with me. I had the opportunity to learn more signing when I was a teenager. I'm not fluent, and have a very hard time reading people when they are signing, but I do know quiet a bit. Where am I going with all of this? I guess the thought that is in my head is "who's going to tell the deaf people about Jesus?" How can I effectively communicate the gospel to my cousin? Just random thoughts I had this morning.

No comments: