Tuesday, June 3, 2008

How did I get here?


I used to be very competitive. It bothered me if someone did more than me, and when it came to running, it especially bothered me if my husband did more than I. We used to have these little contests, who would run more miles in a week, who could eat better...ect.

I've gained 50 pounds in the past three years. What happened? Did I just stop caring? How did I get here? I definitely don't desire to be here.

It reminds me of a great sermon my husband did three years ago called "Getting out of here," and how if we're not careful and disciplined we can slowly drift from God's will for us, to someplace we don't desire to be. I put the weight on by myself, but with God's grace I'm going to allow Him to get me out of this place. I want to make Jesus my refuge, and not food!

(BTW, it's on babe!) =)

2 comments:

Tim Scarbrough said...

Oh YES it is. :)

Joel and Leslie said...

Welcome to the blogging world, Brenda! I need to add you on my links (as soon as Joel shows me how =). Keep the posts coming! See you Thursday....