Monday, October 20, 2008

Lightning hits husbands plane


So for the next 4 days I will be without my awesome husband. Today he left for Seattle for some business meetings this week, he will return on Thursday. He sent me a text when he arrived in Portland saying that his plane was hit by lightning during flight. He said that it was pretty scary, a few people freaked out. The pilot and flight attendants acted like no big deal. Now my husband isn't majorly anxious about flying, however he does tend to get a bit nervous just before his flight. My prayers are definately with his and the planes.

We were talking a little bit this morning about winning this weeks biggest loser challenge, and how hard it is to lose weight with normal daily life going on. Everyone's schedual is busy. Those people on The Biggest Loser Ranch have nothing else to do but workout for 5+ hours a day! I think I do have somewhat of an advantage as I don't have to punch a time clock anywhere. Sure I still have a lot of household responsiblities, and children to tend too, but most days I have the opportunity to do a long workout. However it is being disciplined to do them is where I struggle. I hope and pray that everyone who is participating in TBL Bridge edition has a focused, determination driven week!

5 comments:

Littau family said...

Yeah, I hope we get it together this week as this by far was the worst week for the group. You and Tim really carried the group this week, but the rest of us should really be working to do better than what we did.

Unknown said...

I agree. Yesterday morning (and actually since last Wednesday) my scales showed at least a 2 lb loss, sometimes 2.5 lbs. Today I lost .7 and that't it. I don't do enough exercise, I know, but where's the compassion on the scales?? :) But as I said, I'm the turtle. I'll just keep going.

I'll be praying for Tim's safe (and mind-easy) return home.

Kristen said...

It was a hard week! I hate that it is getting harder to lose now. I guess we are lucky that we have each other to keep us going! I am looking forward to next week and hoping to lose more!
I am praying for Tims trip home and that he will be safe. Scarry!

Tim Scarbrough said...

After lightning hit the plane I immediately lost two more pounds. :)

You've been my inspiration during this weight loss challenge.

Jenn said...

WOW!! That would shake anybody up. Sorry you got an extra fright in flight. I will be praying for Tims easy ride home.