Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sticking with it


I am notorious for starting things and not following through and finishing them. I don't know how many times I have started a diet, did great the first week or two, then not stuck to it.

I have patio chairs that I was supposed to recover this spring still undone. Brandon finished one of them for me, three more to go.

I have lost weight before, several times. The first time was back in January 1998, New Years day I decided to join a gym and meet with a dietitian, she recommended that I keep a food diary and write down what and how much I ate to keep track of my calories, make necessary adjustments with the quality of food I ate. Well I kept that up and lost roughly 90 lbs. My heaviest weight was 217. One year later I weighed 130. Six months after that I went down to 125. Then I got pg with Rebekah. Weight went up again, then I lost it all two years later. Then yo-yoed a few times more. I've been wanting to do something about my weight creeping back on for sometime now, but just haven't had that "fire" to do it. I really hope that with God's help, and encouragement from friends that I can stick with it this time and be successful!

1 comment:

Littau family said...

You can do it Brenda, you're a strong person. I love seeing the encouragement and even fun competetivness of our group. You'll do great!