Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tired of yo-yo-ing

I decided to add a daily food journal/activity gadget to my blog for some sort of accountability.
Most of my adult life I have struggled with my weight. After I had children the pounds came on easily. My lack of exercise then only contributed to my gain. Finally fed up with it, I joined a gym and met with a registered dietician. I faithfully went to the gym regularly, and ate properly, resulting in a very significant weight loss, and being able to wear a size 4. I learned that I love running, and was up to 40 miles a week. I also learned that once you stop running, you can not eat like you are! So the pounds came back on.
Some people stuggle with other addictions, wether it be smoking, alcohol, gambling, I struggle with eating more than my body needs. Sometimes it seems easier than others to eat well and lose the weight, so here I go once again on plan.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Brenda, you're singing my song. I've lost 23 lbs but feel stuck mentally on pushing past it. But I'm working on getting myself moving mentally again. I think it will be an ongoing battle all my days...