Monday, November 17, 2008

Random thoughts



I won this weeks weight loss contest. I honestly am amazed every time I place in the top three. Jed and Mike are doing an amazing job!
(Kudos to Tim, Kristen, and Jenn as
well!)



Here is my philosophy on losing weight. I look at it as a project. A "ME" project, in order for it to get done, I have to work on it daily. If I were an architect and building a model of some buildings, I would have to work on it and do something to it in order for it to be finished.



Going for a jog, or to the gym is working on it, however it is only half of the work. Carefully watching your diet is the other half. If I workout and then blow it with my diet, then it is like wrecking the model of buildings right after building them. Yes I do occasionally have a treat.



Do I do all of this on my own strength? No, there are many days I have to pray my way through it. Some days I don't even want to go to the gym, but my husband and I have this saying..."lace them up!" Doing so helps to at least do some sort of physical exercise. I have to daily remind myself of my weight loss goals, and do something to obtain that goal, even if it is just skipping a sweet or high calorie snack. I just pray that I do well through this holiday season!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Brenda you are doing awesome! You and Jenn are the ones giving the guys a run for the money in this competition!

Steven L. Ritter said...

Yes, you're doing great (as are Tim, Mike, Jed, Jenn & Kristen). I'm the turtle but I'm pleased to be moving in a positive direction (except for 2 weeks, anyway). Keep it up!

Tim Scarbrough said...

I am so proud of you Precious. I saw during the first week how determined and focused you were. So it doesn't surprise me how well you are doing. I also know how competitive you are. With just a few weeks to go I'm placing my money on you to win the whole thing. Then when new people come to church we can introduce you as the Bridge Community Church's Biggest Loser. How cool would that be?

Littau family said...

You are getting sneaky in catching up to 1st place... I'm sure you have done the math of how much you would need to lose to be the 1st place % loser for the 12 weeks... not too far off. I'm nervous you are holding on to the wild card for the last week and will drop 12 pounds in week 12! Congrats for all your hard work. - Mike

Brenda said...

Thanks Mike! NO, I don't do any math. I let my husband do the math and then tell me how much I need to lose.